Ergon Energy Metering Locks
In order to read your electricity meter, conduct connection or metering work, perform other services related to the supply of electricity, as well as provide accurate and timely meter readings to bill you correctly for the electricity you use, Ergon Energy require access to your meter..
Ergon Energy Meter Readers will not accept keys to private customer locks to secure access to electricity meters, hence if customers wish to secure their property with locked gates or doors, they need to purchase an approved Ergon Energy Metering Lock.
Locks range from simple padlocks to complete handle-lock systems to secure your gates, buildings or meter box. Other locking arrangements including dual locking systems, PINs for electronic gates and key boxes to store keys or access swipe cards may also be available.
Ergon Energy Metering Locks;
- Are available in a variety of options.
- Option for Keyed Alike so you can order multiple locks that will operate under a single key.
- All standard Metering Lock prices include 2 keys. The cost for registered post is charged separately.
- Additional keys can be requested at the time of placing an order and replacement keys can be ordered at anytime.
- Additional Ergon Energy Metering Locks can be keyed to existing Key (keys numbered above EML. 10000 only)
Features & Benefits of the High Security Ergon Energy Metering Locks
- Heavy-duty, solid brass case extrusion
- High corrosion resistant 8.7mm Boron steel Rapid Change Shackle
- High-security cut resistant
- Rapid Change Function allows the release of the shackle by turning the key and depressing the pin
- Double ball locking
- Extended shackle models
- Standard as latching function